1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Some fundamentalist Christians and their Zionist supporters want us to believe that the Lord, meant the “state” Israel. Or that Abraham was Jewish, considering that the Tablets were revealed to Moses and not Abraham!
[Abraham] is a figure in the Torah, Bible, and Quran whom Jewish, Christian and Muslim believers regard as the founding patriarch of the Israelites, Arabs and Edomite peoples. In what is thus called Abrahamic religious tradition, Abraham is the forefather of these peoples.
Consider the facts: that the Lord will bless “Israel” the country – where occupation, Apartheid, state terrorism, home demolishing, “target-killings”, expulsion of Palestinians out of their country, etc.- would be blessed!
The state of Israel was built on the ruins of a functioning, centuries-old society. Jewish armies in 1947-48 destroyed Palestinian businesses and farms, expelled 750,000 Palestinians from their land, and razed their villages. The Nazis’ attempt to exterminate the Jewish people during World War II brought the word “genocide” into common usage. There is no word as yet for an effort to erase a people’s identity—their geography, their culture, their history, even their name. Israeli historian Ilan Pappé said in a recent speech, “There was no Nakba [catastrophe]. There was a crime.”
Carter’s book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid breaks the taboo barring criticism in the United States of Israel’s discriminatory treatment of Palestinians. Our government’s tacit acceptance of Israel’s unfair policies causes global hostility against us.
Criticizing Israeli government policies – a staple in Israeli newspapers – is no more anti-Semitic than criticizing the Bush administration is anti-American.
Israel’s friends have attacked Carter, a Nobel laureate who has worked tirelessly for Middle East peace, even raising the specter of anti-Semitism. Genuine anti-Semitism is abhorrent. But exploiting the term to quash legitimate criticism of another system of racial oppression, and to tarnish a principled man, is indefensible. Criticizing Israeli government policies – a staple in Israeli newspapers – is no more anti-Semitic than criticizing the Bush administration is anti-American. ATW
It was said best by Crescent & Cross when the following was posted:
Today, while driving through town, I wound up behind a minivan that had a big sticker on the back. The sticker had an Israeli flag in the middle of it, and under it the quotation from the book of Genesis that reads “I will bless those who bless thee.”
I would like to take this time to list my own reasons for thanking and blessing Israel, our lone ally in the Middle East, for everything she has done for us, since I am quite sure most Americans are unaware of just what kind of friend she has been to us.
- For extorting from me and my fellow Americans $4,000,000,000.00 a year for the last 4 decades, we bless thee.
- For taking our most sophisticated weapons technology and stealing it for yourself without paying the American patent holders, we bless thee.
- For taking that high-tech military technology and selling it to our enemies, such as the Russians and Chinese, thus further endangering us, we bless thee.
- For using that weaponry in a sustained attack against a United States ship, the USS Liberty, in an attempt to sink her, thus preventing US servicemen from revealing to the rest of the world information concerning the war crimes they witnessed you commit against Egyptian soldiers in the Sinai Desert during the Six Day War, as well as for the purposes of dragging the US into yet another one of your murderous adventures, we bless thee.
- For killing 35 and wounding 170 American sailors aboard the USS Liberty, we bless thee.
- For bribing the United States government into covering it up, preventing any justice from being done for the benefit of the families of the lost sailors – as well as the American People, we bless thee.
- For sending your agents into Egypt and blowing up American buildings for the purpose of blaming the Arabs in an event known as the Lavon Affair, we bless thee.
- For sending your agents into Libya during the Reagan administration, and broadcasting radio messages in Arabic that were designed to sound like “terrorist cell planning” so that the US would initiate military strikes against Khadafi in an event known as Operation Trojan Horse, we bless thee.
- For withholding information from us concerning the planned attacks against the US Marine barracks in Lebanon, attacks you knew about through your moles in the Islamic world and about which you deliberately refused to warn us in order to further your interests against the Arabs, we bless thee.
- For employing Jonathon Pollard, an American serviceman paid to spy for Israel in order to steal even more of our National Security secrets for your parasitic purposes, we bless thee.
- For blackmailing President Clinton through one of your sayanim, Monica Lewinsky, in order to prevent a coherent peace program from being pushed forward between yourself and the Palestinian people whom you have brutalized and murdered for the last 50 years, we bless thee.
- For breaking every agreement you have made with your Arab neighbors, stealing their land, displacing, murdering, and treating them like the animals you see them as, we bless thee.
- For using your agents within the first Bush administration to involve us in the first Gulf War, causing the deaths of American men and women, and exposing our servicemen to whatever bioweapons were and are responsible which have led to Gulf War Syndrome, we bless thee.
- For your role in the September 11 attacks in this country, and for blackmailing and bribing the US government into deporting back to Israel the 100 or more intelligence agents that were arrested after the attacks, we bless thee.
- For suppressing the information from the American people of your involvement in the September 11 attacks and sending us in the wrong direction in search of answers, we bless thee.
- For using one of your agents in the US Army Weapons Lab to steal anthrax and distribute it into our mail system, terrorizing US citizens and killing several in order to blame the Arabs, we bless thee.
- For using your agents in the US Government, namely, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, Abrams, and the rest into initiating this war in the Middle East so that you could bring to heel all the enemies you have made during the last 50 years, we bless thee.
- For using your agents in the media to lie to us on a minute by minute basis about the war, lying to us as to how “just” this cause is, and what the real reasons behind it are, we bless thee.
- For using your agents in the Christian Evangelical community, such as Falwell, Graham, Swaggert, Robertson and the rest who praise you as God’s chosen people and further keep Americans in the dark about who you really are what you have done, and what you are truly about, we bless thee.
- For bringing idiots like Limbaugh, Liddy, Hannity, Beck, O’Reilly and Savage to the forefront as paid liars who will support you and further lead Americans astray, we bless thee.
- For making America your attack dog, and for sending her sons and daughters to fight and die in all your future wars, we bless thee.
- For using your influence in the media to hide the real statistics about the war, the dead and wounded on both sides, we bless thee.
- For using us in such a way that not only further inflames the Arab world against us, but as well has succeeded in our alienating ourselves against those nations with whom we have been friendly for over a century, we bless thee.
- And finally, for using your influence in our media and academia to flood our minds with pornography and lies, as well as inculcating in us a hatred for our history, religion, and culture, for dividing our nation between races and sexes, and for releasing into our society all of your plagues and filth that have left us a rotted out corpse of a once great nation, oh Israel, our friend,
- we bless thee.
2006 by Mark Glenn