Posts Tagged ‘Bible’
Tags: Bible, devil, Jesus, Jews, John
Tags: Allah, Bible, Christian Zionists, Council on Foreign Relations, Hassan al-Banna, Islam, Judaism, Muslim Brotherhood, Osama Bin Laden, Quran, Religion, stoning, Talmud, Wikipedia, Zionists
I find it interesting that some bloggers here assume that people are as ignorant as they are. Or maybe by making certain statements (look it up yourself…) they assume that people will just take their word for it.
An uneducated (as in ignorant) blogger wrote this about the situation in the Middle East – and particularly, Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood:
If you are not familiar with these gangsters of islam then you should spend some time doing a bit of research about them. It isn’t hard to find all sorts of information about them on the internet, they’re a highly visible group. They are a well organized, determined and frightening bunch intent on overthrowing western-minded civilizations and instituting rigid compliance with sharia law.
Interesting and false claim. Here’s what my own research about the Muslim Brotherhood revealed:
It was founded in 1928 in Egypt by the Islamic scholar and schoolteacher Hassan al-Banna. The Brotherhood’s stated goal is to instill the Qur’an and Sunnah as the “sole reference point for … ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community … and state”. Since its inception in 1928 the movement has officially opposed violent means to achieve its goals.
Wikipedia also states that the Council on Foreign Relations says: “At various times in its history, the group has used or supported violence and has been repeatedly banned in Egypt for attempting to overthrow Cairo’s secular government. Since the 1970s, however, the Egyptian Brotherhood has disavowed violence and sought to participate in Egyptian politics.”
Interestingly, Wikipedia does not provide a link to the Council on Foreign Relations ( an impressive name and one that projects authority), regardless of their biased and incorrect anti-Islamic statements. If a couple of “personalities” are among its members, then we consider it a credible source? Further research reveals who they are. For now, let’s stay on the topic of the Brotherhood.
You can read more details about the Brotherhood on Wikipedia and the link is provided; unlike the moron who wrote the hate-statement in which he’s really trying to undermine a religion, based on his own anti-Semitic views and without any reference.
What is really intriguing on Wikipedia, is the fact that Osama Bin Laden had criticized the group!
The Mubarak oppressive and tyrant regime was behind the Brotherhood being accused of terrorism. It was a classic “Divide and Conquer” principle in which Mubarak’s regime ensured its grip remained supported and financed by the West.
Jewish Virtual Library
From the name, one can be certain that this militant Jewish view will have nothing positive to say about another religion, especially Islam. They write (about the Brotherhood):
The organization’s motto is as follows: “Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur’an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.”
An important aspect of the Muslim Brotherhood ideology is the sanctioning of jihad such as the 2004 fatwa issued by Sheikh Yousef Al-Qaradhawi making it a religious obligation of Muslims to abduct and kill U.S. citizens in Iraq.
I must say that these are impressive and strong accusations. I searched English and Arabic sites in which any of the above would appear as a direct quote to Qaradawi, or, at least something similar, and I failed to find one such statement. If you, the reader can, I welcome any reference and we’ll jointly evaluate and debate. When a group or a government wants to discredit someone or another country or group, it will make such statements as if they were facts without any reference, credible or otherwise!
The above image was found on an Arabic Blog. It reads: Allah is our [ultimate] objective. The Prophet is our Example. Qur’an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest aspiration.”
Jihad of course is the word Zionists and Neocons cleverly use to “prove” that Islam is all about war an/or killing; an utterly hateful and false claim. The Arabic word (Jihad) means struggle; not war. However, when it was used as struggle against the pagans of Mecca during the days of the Prophet, then of course it meant war! That was when Muslims had to defended themselves against the pagans of Arabia.
The “Dying in the way of Allah is our highest aspiration/ hope” does not – promote war. During the time of the Prophet and in Muslims defending themselves against the pagans, the Quran comforted those new Muslims that their reward is highest than anyone elses if they were killed defending themselves against the pagans. This reward is an immediate entry to Paradise, according to Islamic belief, and living eternity directly below the Throne of God Almighty. In other words, the ceiling of one’s abode, is the Throne of Almighty! Today it still means the same thing: that if one were to die defending his family, his honor or his country, the reward would be the same. The Quran clearly states that:
2:190 Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.
60:8 Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
On Wikipedia, it is stated that the Brotherhood preaches that Islam enjoins man to strive for social justice, the eradication of poverty and corruption, and political freedom to the extent allowed by the laws of Islam. The Brotherhood strongly opposes Western colonialism, and helped overthrow the pro-western monarchies in Egypt and other Muslim countries during the early 20th century.
Sounds like what we stand for in the U.S., does it not? We value freedom and don’t like colonialism, unless it is us doing it!
Again, this blogger antisemitic and hate to Muslims and Islam is quite apparent in and from posting the famous photo-shopped picture of a woman who was supposedly stoned to death. If you examine the picture casually, you will notice that the woman’s image is inserted in what seems to be a “hole” with rocks all around her and red marks on her face. Yet, there’s no spilled blood, no torn dress, dust or dirt on her “very black” garments. Little details the “creator” of the photo neglected to add.
I am yet to post something about the so-called Sahria “Law” and prove that what most politicians and the media’s views are influenced by pro-Zionist terrorism to discredit Islam and Muslims in America. Period.
There is not even a single verse in the Quran that calls for stoning anyone! Nor does the so-called Sharia “Law” support the stoning and/or killing as claimed. But if Iranians and/or Shiites do this, Islam and Muslims have nothing to do with this.
Does anyone accuse Christianity of being a racist and violent religion based on the KKK and its white-supremacist beliefs? Does one accuse Judaism in general to be an evil religion even when the Talmud contains violent and despicable teachings – from sex with infants to the permissibility of killing any non Jew?
MISHNAH.WHEN A GROWN-UP MAN (7) HAS HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH (8) A LITTLE GIRL, (9) OR WHEN A SMALL BOY (10) HAS INTERCOURSE WITH A GROWN-UP WOMAN, OR [WHEN A GIRL WAS ACCIDENTALLY] INJURED BY A PIECE OF WOOD (11) — [IN ALL THESE CASES] THEIR KETHUBAH IS TWO HUNDRED [ZUZ] … — Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Kethuboth 11a
Soncino 1961 Edition, page 57
Stoning in the Bible
1 Samuel 30.6: David was in great danger; for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in spirit for their sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
Acts of the Apostles 7.59: While they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, ‘Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.’
2 Corinthians: Five times I have received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I received a stoning.
More from the Bible:
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)
If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
The flavor of the day is anti Islam and Muslims. The morons of the day do not realize and understand that this is parallel to, and downright antisemitism. Yet most have been “trained” to associate antisemitism with Jews only.
One only needs to read, research and explore… the truth is right at one’s fingertips.
Tags: Bible, Christ, Conservapedia, Cross, Crucify, Jesus, Jews, Mary Magdalene, Pilate, Priests, Religion
Rewriting the Bible? This is interesting! And so many ignorant people dared to debate me about the Bible being God’s words! How is that possible when one changes God’s words to suit oneself? Or a community… or for that matter, a whole country!
Absurd? Maybe! If God’s words were so complex and then translated time and again and now need a rewrite, then how could the end result be called God’s word?
The Conservative Bible Project…
Liberal bias has become the single biggest distortion in modern Bible translations. There are three sources of errors in conveying biblical meaning are, in increasing amount:
- lack of precision in the original language, such as terms underdeveloped to convey new concepts introduced by Christ
- lack of precision in modern language
- translation bias in converting the original language to the modern one.
Experts in ancient languages are helpful in reducing the first type of error above, which is a vanishing source of error as scholarship advances understanding. English language linguists are helpful in reducing the second type of error, which also decreases due to an increasing vocabulary. But the third — and largest — source of translation error requires conservative principles to reduce and eliminate.
- Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal bias
- Not Emasculated: avoiding unisex, “gender inclusive” language, and other modern emasculation of Christianity
- Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Christianity; the NIV is written at only the 7th grade level
- Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms: using powerful new conservative terms as they develop; defective translations use the word “comrade” three times as often as “volunteer”; similarly, updating words which have a change in meaning, such as “word”, “peace”, and “miracle”.
- Combat Harmful Addiction: combating addiction by using modern terms for it, such as “gamble” rather than “cast lots”; using modern political terms, such as “register” rather than “enroll” for the census
- Accept the Logic of Hell: applying logic with its full force and effect, as in not denying or downplaying the very real existence of Hell or the Devil.
- Express Free Market Parables; explaining the numerous economic parables with their full free-market meaning
- Exclude Later-Inserted Liberal Passages: excluding the later-inserted liberal passages that are not authentic, such as the adulteress story
- Credit Open-Mindedness of Disciples: crediting open-mindedness, often found in youngsters like the eyewitnesses Mark and John, the authors of two of the Gospels
- Prefer Conciseness over Liberal Wordiness: preferring conciseness to the liberal style of high word-to-substance ratio; avoid compound negatives and unnecessary ambiguities; prefer concise, consistent use of the word “Lord” rather than “Jehovah” or “Yahweh” or “Lord God.”
I’m still looking for the following:
- Sodom and Gomorrah and homosexuals: will they change this to “happy bunch of men exploring each other?”
- High Priests or Jews?
- And it was the third hour, and they crucified him. Mark; 15:25. Huh? Such details in previous verses – the wreath of thorns, spat on him, mocked him, purple robe, etc. and suddenly: they crucified him? How odd!
- Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save. 15:31
- Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him. 15:32
- And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 15:33
- And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 15:34
- Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. Mark 16:9 and the comment that follows: The verses from here on are not in the oldest manuscripts, and are not likely to be authentic.
Anyway.. you get the “incredible” picture! Now for a little something more amusing!